Monday 15 July 2013

Dahlia inspired earthenware piece - finished!

And here is is - survived the glaze firing in one piece, not stuck to the kiln shelf, didn't collapse, the glass stayed in the petals and didn't dribble out. Fluke or am I actually getting the hang of this now?

These are the photos I took this morning while the glass was still making a 'pinging' noise this morning while it cooled down from about 60 degrees. Its 30cm across and only just fits in my small kiln - heat resistant gloves and lots of care required to get it out.

Better photos to follow - and yes I will be trying to sell these!

Dahlia inspired white glazed earthenware piece
Dahlia inspired white glazed earthenware piece

Dahlia inspired white glazed earthenware piece - close-up
Dahlia inspired white glazed earthenware piece - close-up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment! I'll be reading your comment as soon as I have time and will respond directly on my blog.
Cheers!
Chris